Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fail PuG

I'm sure everyone has seen these posts all over blogs and forums.  People complaining about the (not as new anymore) LFG system and the people it causes them to get stuck with.  I was healing on my druid when the system came out, and I really didn't have many problems with people.  Some DPS might suck, or Tank may not be able to hold aggro.  But honestly, I knew more or less what I was doing and I had the gear to back it up (read, completely overgeared for heroic content).  If a DPS did pull aggro, chances were good they had decent enough skill to kite for a second and I could NSHT/Swiftmend/Nourish them and keep them up.  Either way, I never really saw what all the fuss was about.  Now I'm leveling a warlock, she's 72, and I've been running instances.  Now I realize the DPS complaints about 20 - 30 minute queues.  Still not too terrible as I just queue and continue doing quests.

Last night I had a stellar experience with my run through Azjol' Nerub or however it's spelled.  Our first tank (before we even got into the instance) declined group invite, 2nd tank went offline before we even pulled.  3rd tank is a DK that seems to have an idea of what to do, so I'm excited.  He pulls first mobs in the Gatekeepers rooms and dies at the end of the pull. "Wtf healer, heal".  Priest apologizes and we move on.  The priest didn't survive a different pull later on.  Tank asks me to put a SS back on the priest, so I let them know it's cooling.  Tank immediately  asks again, and so does the healer this time.  So I let them know it's actually still cooling like it was 5 seconds ago.  I'm beginning to get slightly irritated by this time, but we move on.  Tank boy asks for levitate and takes off, dropping down the hole towards the final boss and continues running right to the last adds and pulls them.  I'm right there with him and looking around at the complete LACK of anyone else in our group.  Healer is still back up top drinking water as he had to res some people.  DK dies "Wtf Healer, Heal"

I politely explain why pulling when he doesn't have a healer is a bad idea.  He then whispers me and asks if he can have a soulshard.
1) wtf are you going to do with a soulshard?
2) they're soulbound

I just don't understand where these people come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment