Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm back!

Yeah its been a while, so fucking sue me. I've been busy with... yeah I got nothing I get distracted easily. Anyway Season 8 has been interesting so far playing a new fun comp with Karial and Ernnie and trying to ride the druid/lock synergy train towards goodness. It would be better if I was a warrior (obviously) but here are some key tips I discovered our first week of playing.

1. Queue with energy - you got to be pumped to get into that fight. Positivity is at least as good as plate with several defensive cooldowns, incredible damage, and a fuck you move where only death can stop you (I wrote this before you could disarm it - ty Blizzard).

2. Go over strategies with your team mates while you buff. Our warlock shared this brilliance with us in a recent match
Ernnie: you guys should stealth
Rogue + Druid in Unison: WE ARE FUCKING TRYING TO
Blizzard: hahhaha we outsourced our servers to Antartica to save on heating costs. This allows us to enjoy this



3. Once the match starts don't be afraid to adapt. In our 10th and final game last week none of us spawned before the gates opened, and since I was already being judged by the holy paladin, I quickly adapted by vanishing. My druid then spawned in the middle of the warrior and dk. He popped barkskin like a champion. I knew he was gonna get squashed so I cheapshotted the warrior. The warrior was having none of that and instantly trinketed and span in a circle like a ceiling fan made of knives. This game is like rock paper scissors, only in this case spinning hatchet of death, tree, and helpless dude who can't save his druid. Our warlock managed to spawn with 10 seconds remaining until we needed to leave the arena (which no matter how hard we clicked did not work).

4. Momentum is everything
Match #9 from the same week we spawned before the gates opened (hooray) but then froze in place. When our lag ceased the gates were open and the druid dk and hunter had flares death and decay cleverly awaiting us directly under the pipe, which then proceeded to vomit us out onto their waiting grasp. We used this momentum, and their massive incompetence to get a restealth off and open hard on the hunter. Riding the momentum train we were clevelry winning until the lag hit again leaving our druid unable to cast, and poor Ernnie got death gripped into his early grave.

Ok all joking aside our resto druid lock rogue comp has been very fun to play. When we are doing things right we have a lot of CC. Our general strategy is, I stunlock whatever melee will prevent Ernnie from dotting everyone up. When I finish the stunlock, Karial will rotate his cyclones on while I switch to our main target. With Ernnie/Karial rotating cyclones and fears and me swapping quickly to play a mix of offense and defense we can put out some serious pressure. We can then blind a healer or if the healer is exposed from trying to keep up, hard swap to him. It takes a lot of coordination but we are loving it so far. The biggest problem is finding time to play (those ICC bosses aren't going to kill themselves) and a certain someone keeps leaving on weekends to do real life stuff... what a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment